The purpose and objectives of the Connecticut Society of Genealogists are:
• to encourage and assist in the acquisition, location, preservation and indexing of public and private genealogical records, with emphasis on Connecticut records, and to make such records and collections available to members and to the general public;
• to express the society’s concern about records preservation and public access to records.
• to encourage and instruct members in the technique and practice of genealogical research and compilation;
• to maintain and elevate genealogical standards; and
• to provide instructional and educational programs and publications throughout the year.
• to cooperate with regional, national and individual societies with like purposes.