This was originally part of Mattatuck (Waterbury), whose settlement was authorized in 1674. An Ecclesiastical Society was first established in 1736 and granted full privileges as the Parish of Northbury in 1739. In May 1795, the Parish was incorporated as the town of Plymouth. The Plymouth Hollow section in the west was incorporated as the Town of Thomaston in 1875. Town vital records begin 1795. Barbour collection records cover 1795-1850.
Articles by the Town Historian: http://www.plymouthct.us/index.cfm?fuseaction=content.faq&faqTypeID=40019
Stone obelisk with brass plaques covering pedestal, 19 feet high. "Soldiers" carved into base. Nearby steel flagpole.
Hillside Cemetery, 56 North Main ST, Terryville
Granite pedestal with obelisk, approximately 20 feet high. Its reference to the "War of 1861" may indicate it to be one of the earliest Civil War monuments. The name "Lincoln" is carved at the base of the obelisk.